Monday, January 9, 2017

Personal Development will be my Jam

A while ago I was doing daily personal development and feeling pretty darn good. My biggest problem is I don't really like reading.
No, I love reading.
I don't really like sitting down during the day and reading. I feel like I'm wasting time.
Now that I am officially book fave free, I have found that I have TONS of time. Gaps in my day. Thumb twiddling kind of time.
So, I figured picking up my Brene Brown books would be a good use of my time.
Just not today. Today was more self putty and looking for jobs for the hubs.
So now after a good movie that made me cry, I am going to blog about how I'm going to start reading Daring Greatly, again.
Seriously, get you a good book that makes your feels feel food. Makes you rethink everything. Makes you think. Think about the hard stuff.
Makes you think about growing.
Then makes you realize you can grow. Heal. Have Joy.
Lots of really good books out there that can bring about great change in a person.

Update on my freedom from book face:
I have felt like I took the microscope away. Turned it off. I'm not on the stage anymore and that feels good. I needed to realize that wasn't required to entertain anyone. My life isn't a show to turn on or off. Either you are at my table or you are not. If one needs to watch me, hear me or talk to me, then I'm right here. In my home. In my safe place. With my people. And on Instagram.
There's always instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment